So by now, you’ve probably seen the new skincare brand Wishful Skin everywhere across the internet and social media. If you haven’t – let me introduce you now so you can become as obsessed as I am. The third brand within Huda Kattan’s worldwide beauty empire, Wishful Skin is a cruelty-free, minimalistic clean skincare line that pride themselves on using unedited campaign photos and a brand tagline of ‘Gentle, Simple, Effective’. Huda has been very forth coming about her skin care journey, and talked openly about her struggle with scarring, freckling, cystic acne, adult acne and pigmentation. Whilst confirming it’s still a work in progress, the products that form part of the Wishful skincare line were created based on everything she’s learnt.
Get Even Rose Oil is the sixth product launch from Wishful, following the successes of Yo Glow, Thirst Trap, Chin Lift, Clean Genie and Honey Balm. Huda’s aim is to produce skincare products suitable for everyone, all skin types and hopefully aid a variety of skincare concerns. Wishful have promised all their products will be clean, cruelty-free, sulfate-free, paraben-free and pthalate-free. Until Wishful, I’d never used an exfoliating scrub, chin lift mask or a cleansing butter, a jelly balm moisturiser was an unknown concept and I very rarely use sheet masks or facial oils! Now, I can’t imagine my life without these product and I honestly love all of them!
|Wishful Skincare Line Up ♥|
Upon it’s launch, Huda accredited her current skincare journey’s success to the ‘transformative’ Get Even Rose Oil aka ‘magic in a bottle’, and that she’d “been waiting for this product launch since before Wishful was born”. Safe to say there was a tonne of hype around this launch and both the beauty community and Hudaholics alike were eagerly anticipating getting their hands on this. Huda praises the oil, describing it as containing the “most healing, most beautiful, most amazing concoctions for your skin.” Comprising of an array of nourishing and hydrating, natural oils, Get Even Rose Oil boats properties that will calm, soothe, firm and even your skin tone.
Huda’s personal use of the product revealed her post-acne marks cleared, uneven texture and dry patches gone, skin tone evened and skin hydrated and supple! With that kind of glowing review, I was extremely keen to get my hands on this and try it out! Facial oils are something new for me, I didn’t currently use them in my routine until purchasing this. I don’t suffer with oily skin, I’m on the dry/sensitive side if anything so it wasn’t oil levels that have put me off. As I’ve mentioned in previous posts, I’m still discovering my preferred skincare routine and constantly trialling new products so a new facial oil was what I needed!
Get Even Rose Oil is currently available to purchase in one size individually, with 30ml costing £55, however as part of Wishful Skin’s Holiday Collection you can currently get a 10ml bottle as part of the ‘Wishful Bright’ set, alongside 40ml of Yo Glow and 27g of Honey Balm for £43. Get Even is the most expensive product from Wishful so far, however Huda has addressed this on her blog, confirming that the extensive variety of natural ingredients mean the product is more expensive to produce, and that generally facial oils from every brand will be one of the more expensive products in a skincare line.
My initial thoughts
I didn’t really know what to expect the first time I used Get Even Rose Oil! The oil itself is a vivid golden yellow and surprisingly not too viscous! I loved the ergonomics and aesthetics of the packaging and found it very easy to use the dropper to get the product out of the bottle!
I was expecting it to smell like roses as that’s what I’d heard/read on social media but I have to say, that’s not what I smelt. I found the product quite strong smelling, a lot more fragrant than any of the other Wishful Skincare line. For me personally, fragrance isn’t something that bothers me in beauty products, whether it be foundation, primers, moisturisers or facial mists; as long as they’re pleasant and don’t smell putrid or rancid, I really don’t mind. I can’t be 100 percent sure what I’d class the scent as, there’s definitely an underlying scent of roses/floral, but I also pick up a hint of carrot oil if I had to try and put my finger on it! It’s definitely not unpleasant, just quite strong and was like nothing I’d ever smelt before. That being said, let’s talk about the actual product and how I’ve found using it.
How did I apply it?: The first time I used Get Even, I chose to apply a drop to the centre of my forehead, left cheek, right cheek and nose. I then gently rubbed this across each area before softly pressing this into my skin, ensure to pat some around my eye area and on to my lids, as well as down my neck.
How did I find it?: I didn’t find the oil harsh at all and it didn’t cause any irritation even to my eye area. I’ve been using this for about a month now and have already ordered a second bottle as I’ve fallen in love with it. I’m still experimenting with different ways to use this oil in my skincare, having not only applied it after moisturiser, but also added a few drops to my moisturiser before applying this, then a couple more drops on top of my moisturiser as the final step in my skincare routine, AM and PM. I’ve especially loved how my skin feels when I wake up in the morning after using this, so hydrated, supple and brighter/clearer in appearance!
How does it wear with makeup on top?: I’ve applied makeup a fair few times after using this oil no and it’s had no negative impact on the wear of my foundation, only aided hydration retention in my skin throughout the day. This has included wearing makeup for both a short period of time (a couple of hours) and all day whilst being in the office (10 hours).
For me, this has been the most transformative product for my skin, but it also changed my life. I literally refer to this as ‘magic in a bottle’ because honestly, this oil has done magical things to my skin, and my confidence!
|The perfect skincare line up you won’t be able to live without ♥|
Suggestions for use
- Huda suggests using this every twice a day, but if you’re limited to once a day, try and use as part of your evening skincare routine to allow the oil to work it’s magic whilst sealing the moisture in your skin.
- Apply liberally to your face and décolleté, a little goes a long way!
- Apply after a day in the sun to replenish, soothe and nourish your skin
- If you’re using a facial roller or Gua Sha (massage tool), apply some oil to enhance the experience, encourage absorption, boost microcirculation and aid lymphatic drainage
- Huda suggests for combination or oily skin, add a couple of drops to a lightweight moisturiser for additional hydration, and apply moisturiser as normal
- If applying makeup, you can add a couple of drops to any oil based foundation for additional glow
So far we’ve seen a beautiful array of pastel colours worthy of any shelfie and now I eagerly anticipate each new launch, just to see which colour is next! Pastel soft Yellow for Yo Glow, iridescent silver for Thirst Trap, pastel green for Chin Lift, mint for Clean Genie, lavender for Honey Balm and now baby pink for Get Even. I loveeeee the thought that’s gone into each product’s packaging so far and Get Even is no exception.
Aesthetic points to note:
- Most other facial oils and drop serums I own come in a round glass bottle and a screw cap glass/plastic dropper with a rubber top.
- Get Even is a beautiful matte baby pink glass square bottle (no plastic labelling or wrapping) with a plastic press top and glass pipette.
- Accent detailing consistent with all other products in the range, in particular the iridescent silver of the Wishful logo on the rim of the lid.
Huda disclosed during her reveal that she and her team spent ALOT of time researching the perfect combination of ingredients and formula to achieve the ultimate balance of hydration for all skincare types and concerns.
- Damascus Rose oil: soothes and clarifies complexion and locks in moisture
- Carrot Seed Oil: moisturises and tightens skin, evens texture and tone
- Rosehip Oil: evens skin tone, reduces dark spots and fine lines
- Baobab Seed Oil: rich in vitamins, Boabab Seed Oil supplies the skin with omegas 3 & 6, and fatty acids that provides nourishment and rejuvenates dull complexion
- Raspberry Seed Oil: potent antioxidant that moisturises and improves fine lines
- Camelia Oil: powerful emollient that keeps skin soft and supple
- Jojoba Oil: mimic’s the skin’s sebum, helps control oil whilst gently moisturising and maintaining the skin’s barrier, keeping the skin calm, hydrated and soothed
- Rice Bran Oil: potential to promote hydration, reduce pigmentation and evens skin tone
- Hog Plum Oil: known to improve moisture levels and micro-circulation
- Soyabean Oil: rich in Vitamin E, aids rejuvenation
- Macademia Oil: known for cell regenerating and moisturising properties
- Sunflower Oil: rich in antioxidants, helps protect the skin against free radicals
- Black Cumin Oil: renowned for its moisture retaining and antioxidant properties
- Meadowfoam Oil: helps skin retain moisture and keep it smooth and soft
- Cranberry Seed Oil: rich in fatty acids, Cranberry Seed Oil keeps skin moisturised and plump
- The formula is suitable for all skin types, and is non-comedogenic (doesn’t block pores) and non-acnegenic (won’t cause acne for those with acne-prone skin)
- Perfect for skincare concerns of dryness, dullness and loss of firmness
- The scent of the product is 100% naturally occurring (think Roses thanks to the Rosehip and Rose Damascena, with no added fragrance.
Full ingredients list as stated on HudaBeauty.com : Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Caprylic/Caprictriglyceride, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Lipids, Alcohol, Camellia Oleifera Seedoil, Ximenia Americana Seed Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean)Oil, Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Rosa Canina Fruit Oil, Daucus Carota Sativa(Carrot) Seed Oil, Rosa Damascena Flower Oil, Adansonia Digitata (Baobab) Seed Oil, Limnanthes Alba (Meadowfoam) Seed Oil, Vaccinium Macrocarpon (Cranberry)Seed Oil, Nigella Sativa Seed Oil, Raspberry Seed Oil/Tocopheryl Succinateaminopropanediol Esters, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Rosmarinusofficinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryzanol, Citronellol, Geraniol, Eugenol
Okay so just to recap, Get Even Rose Oil is the latest launch from Wishful. Clean and packed full of nourishing natural ingredients, the oil is designed to be used as the final part of your skincare routine, twice a day if possible. Suitable for all skin types, Get Even will boost hydration, even skin tone and texture, removes hyperpigmentation and even dry skin patches, and just generally helps maintain balance.
I’ve been using this consistently for nearly a month now, and am thoroughly enjoying it. I’ve personally noticed an improvement in my skin, although I will say, I still have a couple of problem areas around my nose and eyes with dryness/irritation since introducing other products into my routine. I’ve already purchased a second bottle of this so safe to say it’s become a staple in my skincare routine and something I’ll repurchase again and again. Whilst I’ve not seen any samples available of the oil for you to try, hopefully they’ll come up with some soon so those interested can try before they buy! I’m already excited for the next Wishful launch!!