Cream & Gold Complete Face Set by Iconic London25/08/2017
So this is the final post in my trio of all things Iconic London this week! I stumbled across this brush set by accident as I actually knew nothing about it and had no initial intentions of purchasing it. However, once I saw this set I couldn’t resist it! I own no other brush set like this and I was intrigued to see how these brushes worked after reading Iconic London’s description.
|Such pretty bristles! ♥|
Designed specifically to make it easy to apply powder, cream and liquid formulas to the face, getting a flawless application is super simple.
As we’ve come to expect from Iconic’s brush sets, these brushes are cruelty free and 100% vegan. Nine brushes for £59.99, working out at just over £6 per brush. For the quality and durability of these brushes I think that’s pretty good value! The set also comes with another one of the beautiful Iconic London makeup bags, this time a gorgeous modern soft beige with gold fastenings.
|These brushes will look good in any makeup collection ♥|
Please Note:there was no insert included or that I’ve found published anywhere to confirm which brushes are which. My analysis below is purely my interpretation and based on my personal knowledge. This review is how I decided to match the brushes against the set brush list published by Iconic London on their website.
- Large Powder: Perfect for loose or pressed powder – everyone loves a powder brush, me included. I love plush, broad and fluffy, and this one ticks all the boxes.
- Fan Brush: Great for highlighting the high-points of your face – a proper deluxe fan brush, this large version of the standard fan brush can also be used for contouring!
- Foundation Buffer: Use to blend and buff foundation into the skin – I was hopeful when I saw this set included a foundation buffer as they are my latest obsession! This one is beautiful, plenty of bristles and silky smooth!
- Angled Contour Brush: Perfect for all your contouring needs – YASSSS! If you’ve read my post on the Ultimate Brush Set you’ll know how excited I was at the prospect of an angled contour buffer brush! I absolutely love it!
- Contour Buffer: Use to buff and blend your contour. This is perfect for underneath cheekbones and the jaw line and works well for cream, liquid and powder formulas – it performs exactly as it should, and it’s also great for stamping on loose powder when baking!
- Angled Blush Brush: Use with blusher on the apples of your cheeks – again, another brush you can never have too many of! Perfect blusher brush!
- Fluffy Tapered Brush: Ideal for applying powder to highlight the face – a gorgeous highlighter brush! For me, this was similar in size and results to the 105 luxe highlighting brush by Zoeva!
- Flat Foundation Brush: Use to apply foundation flawlessly – I have to admit, I haven’t had a flat pointed foundation brush like this in my collection for a while, what with beauty sponges and buffer brushes all the rage. Surprisingly I enjoyed using one of these again, it felt like I was going back to basics, a good solid brush, super soft and flawless results!
- Concealer Blending Brush: Ideal to apply and blend concealer to cover imperfections – the perfect buffer brush to blend out concealer, a great alternative to a beauty blender!
|Complete Face Set featuring 9 Brushes ♥|
These brushes are absolutely beautiful. If you’re someone who is looking for some new brushes and is particularly a fan of cream or liquid products to create that perfect flawless base, then this is the set for you!
Design : ♥♥♥♥
Functionality : ♥♥♥♥
User Friendly: ♥♥♥♡
Value for Money: ♥♥♥♥
Overall rating: ♥♥♥♥
max = ♥♥♥♥♥ ♥=1 ♡=½
Thanks for reading beauties! As ever, leave any comments and questions down below!